Monday, June 28, 2010

Some nice quotes...

When I started this blog, I didn't know it was going to turn into a proper weightlifting blog. I have only two things going in life (apart from acads, obviously)- weightlifting, and a project called VTOL. The latter, I don't really have much to talk about. So I keep posting weightlifting stuff..... Now, I have posted a lot of stuff I know and I don't really find anything new, so putting some quotes....

My favorite one first....

"Yo Adrian, We did it....." (You won't get it if you aren't a fan of Rocky Balboa :P )


What the 'weak' guy thinks-
" I just go to the gym, and the smell of the iron makes my muscles grow big. I don't even have to lift weights"



And the big, strong guys-
"Shut up and lift. You didn't come here to 'socialize' "


"I came, I saw, I hit 'em right there in the jaw"


"People often say motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing- that's why we recommend it daily"


"Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is"


"Crawl before you walk, walk before you run.."


"If you are not a pro, don't train like one"



"Courage is not the absence of fear...but the judgement that something else is more important than fear"


"A champion is someone who goes so far they can't go another inch—and then they go that inch"


"Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage and confidence in the doing"


"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."
  

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is
always two hundred pounds."


"No pain- No gain"


"Strength doesn't come from winning, it comes from your struggles to win. When you take the pain and do not surrender- that's strength"





From Rocky series:


 "Without some damn war to fight, then the warrior may as well be dead, Stallion!"


"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you!"
"It ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"


"Your best friend is a guy named Frankie Fear.
You see,fear is a fighter's best friend.It ain't nothin' to be ashamed of.
You see, fear keeps you sharp. It keepsyou awake. It makes you wanna survive.
But the thing is,you gotta learn how to control it.
Cos fear is like this fireand it's burning deep inside.
Now, if you control it, Tommy,it's gonna make you hot.
But, you see,if this thing here controls you,
it's gonna burn you and everythin'else around you up. That's right."


"The only kind of respect that matters is self-respect"

 
"Fighters fight"


 "You got everything money can buy, except what it can't. Its Pride. Pride is what got your ass out here, and losing is what brought ya back. But people like you, they need to be tested. They need a challenge."



"There aint nothin' over till it's over"



"maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know."


" I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change."


" Going in one more round when you don't think you can - that's what makes all the difference in your life. "





To end this one...

The Invictus:
"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."


The man in the arena:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles,
 or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,
whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood;
who strives valiantly;
who errs, who comes short again and again,
because there is no effort without error and shortcoming;
but who does actually strive to do the deeds;
who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions;
who spends himself in a worthy cause;
who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement,
and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly,
so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

  


No comments:

Post a Comment