Thursday, October 6, 2016

Training Journal: October

October 6

I went for a morning session today. After staying away from cleans for the last two weeks, I decided to give it a shot again today. The wrist felt okay. Warmed up as usual with just two sets of complexes with the empty bar: 10 first pulls, 10 arm cleans, 10 military presses, 5 split jerks, 10 back squats. 

P.Clean+P.Jerk: 40kgx(5r+5r)x2s, 50kgx(3r,3r), 60x(2,2), 70x(1,1), 75x(1,1), 80x(1,1)x3s
The last time I did CnJ, I only hit 70kg, but I decided to go at 80 today. Mainly because I was quite embarrassed that I started worrying about 80, which I was P-Cleaning way back when I was in the U62kg class. I weigh 82kg now. Anyway, all three singles were solid standing cleans. The push jerks were too easy- they felt heavy, but still went up quite easy. 

B. Squat: 60kgx5rx2s, 80kgx3, 100x3, 110x2, 120x2rx3s
Added another 5kg to the squat today. As usual, it felt quite heavy. I could get up, but there was always a lingering feeling at the bottom that I might not make it. I guess I'm getting close to my current max. 

Military Press: 40kgx5, 50kgx3
Thought I'd train the shoulders today, since the P.Jerks aren't that effective, and I didn't do a lot of reps anyways. But I didn't. The arms felt a bit weak, and I decided to give up. 

Pull-ups: 4rx3s
The fourth in the first set was actually quite good today. In the second and third, it was as usual- could only get the bar to my forehead. 

No good mornings or BB rows today. I just didn't feel like lifting anymore. It could be because it was a morning session, or because it had already been more than an hour. Either way, I need to split my training sessions. I can't be hitting near-PR CnJs and Squats, and then go on to do lots of assistance work in the same session. 

Starting next week, I should hit the gym on at least one other day after the volleyball/badminton. Just some military/push presses, good mornings, BB rows, and bar dips should do. In the proper gym session, I'll stick to just the olympic lifts and squats, and some pull ups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment